We are amazed and inspired to see the very warm response of our partners in this endeavor to rebrand Junquera St. and to develop the talents of our youth — the University of San Jose Recoletos, University of the Visayas, University of San Carlos and barangays Kamagayan, San Antonio, Cogon-Ramos, Sta. Cruz, Kalubihan.
We invite you to once more, be with us in our upcoming activities on heritage & history:
- Tracing Sinulog precolonial roots up to Sulu with a video, forum, and performance of our version of the Sinulog dance on January 14, 2020;
- Release on February 14 next year of a duet by award-winning Gerlyn Abano and Ian Binan of Cebu band Phylum of a song inspired by the Katipunero vistidora;
- Launch of the reprint of Cebu history writer Dionisio Sy book on Cebu history this February 28 during the anniversary of our library restaurant Kapihan ni Lumaya;
- Launching of children’s storybook by children on Leon Kilat on April 3, 2020;
- Junquera Street Children’s choir song recording and performance;
- Abtik pas Kilat play restaging;
- Heneral Arcadio Maxilom wood sculpture unveiling by our art consultant and Katipunero descendant Radel Paredes.
We also want to work with you and other key institutions in the city and province for next year’s celebration of the anniversary of the Battle of Tres de Abril and Pasko sa Kagawasan.
We thank everyone, all of you, who made possible all our endeavors. Malipayong Pasko sa Kagawasan! Mabuhi ang Pilipinas!
-From the Guivelondo Family of Palm Grass Hotel